Wednesday 4 April 2018

US and China Trade War

In an unsurprising move, China has published its own list of 128 US products on which it will impose tariffs ranging between 15 - 25%.

The full list can be found here.

This is obviously a retaliation against US which recently announced tariffs on US$50 billion worth of Chinese products - a true business man fashion by Trump.

The effect of this trade war between the top two economies in the world can be seen in the jitteries felt among the various markets in this week.

Our local STI has dropped 72 points to close at 3,339.70 at this point of writing after hovering around the 3,400 region.

While this has caused a drag on my portfolio, it has also presented opportunities to pick 'durians' cheaply. Some of my targets have already fallen to attractive prices.

So what does that spells for me?

For now I will continue to monitor the news on this topic which I don't think will end anytime soon. Staying on the side line before taking the plunge is my strategy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment