Friday 28 July 2017

Recent Actions - June & July 17

Just to update my transactions for June and July 2017 as follows.

OCBC

Received some dividend last month for the scrips that I'm still holding on.

Always looking for a chance to enter OCBC again. But at current price points I would stay on the side line. 

NetLink Trust

Will be keeping my 4,000 shares from the IPO for the long haul if the >5% annual dividend can be maintained. This is a more than decent yield considering our 'risk-free' interest from CPF SA is 4%.

Furthermore I see potential capital gain for this counter as well. Am secretly hoping this can eventually be a free holding for me.. Shhh 😀

M1

Taking advantage of the recent drop in price and added 2,000 shares to my holdings. Bought pre-XD at $1.86. Current total holdings @ 12,000 shares.

From the release of their 2Q results on 18th July to now, the share price has dropped from $2.10 to $1.785.

To me this is simply irrational. Seems artificial to me even. Looking at the broader scheme of things, is M1's performance so lousy that it warrants a 15% drop in a span of 8 trading days?

Not to me. I can understand if M1 becomes loss-making. But considering it's a profitable company, this simply baffles me. 😖

Perhaps.. Just perhaps.. is someone pressing the price down for a potential take over?

Just a wild guess. In the mean time I will consider adding more if opportunity arises.

mm2 Asia

Bought 5,000 shares when the price dipped to $0.51 on news of the stalemate at buying over GV.

I'm more of a dividend investor than growth or value, however I see an opportunity for a short term capital gain at this price. Time will tell whether I'm right or wrong.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to try balloting for free concert tickets isn't it? 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment